MEDIA you just need to do your job and get out there. See for yourself the suppression of democracy at these checkpoints and report the real news from the ground if you can make it through. Thank you.
As you are aware, community protectors have been maintaining a presence and protest against Shale Gas Exploration on Seismic Line 5 for a few weeks.
Sometime after NOON today, it is reported that a SWN private security man pushed or hit an elderly protestor. This caused some reactions apparently and the reactions have caused some further reactions.
This callout concerns events a long ways up the Irving/Airline Road:
- First go along the Salmon River Road to the Irving/Airline Road
- This road is about 15 km west on the Salmon River Road — travelling towards Chipman from the previous Sacred Fire Camp site at 116 and 126.
- On the left or south side of the intersection there is a sign that says Bronson Road — turn north or left.
- Edna nailed a Canadian flag and a SWN GO HOME sign at this intersection, but she may also be stationed there to give more directions.
- Turn up the road and keep driving. Do not be alarmed if you hit the police checkpoints (see attached photo) but MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL YOUR PAPERS ON YOU.
- It is my understanding that the Elsipogtog Peacekeepers have already been asked to accompany people into this location.
- Bring water and food with you if you can.
- There is no cell service in this area.
YOU WILL ENCOUNTER SEVERAL OF THESE POLICE CHECKPOINTS TO DISCOURAGE YOU ON THE WAY IN. Make sure you bring all your ID and papers with you.
We are at a new stage in this effort to protect our communities and our environment. “They” are getting desperate and meaner it seems. “We” are determined to be even stronger and absolutely peaceful and resilient, in unity to protect our communities and our environment for future generations.